| Symfony Job Opportunity - Exercise.com [message #102783]
||Tue, 20 July 2010 05:06
Registered: July 2010
Exercise.com is a startup with an experienced team, a great brand, and a huge opportunity to create a meaningful business – while changing lives!|
Uh oh - you’re looking up the current site right now…. No!!! Are you done? It’s terrible. We know. We’re completely rebuilding it from scratch, and that is where you come in.
We have one of the best pieces of web real estate and exciting plans for what to do with it. We’re going to build a slick, useful, transformational platform that will help the millions of people out there who don’t exercise to get motivated and change their lives.
We are looking for a top PHP programmer who can code for HIGH traffic websites and advise on technical issues such as architecture, mobile development, API integration, and analytics. The Exercise.com team is the same team that created Chess.com, which has more than 2.5 million members and serves millions of visits a month. If you love code + business + technology, and want a flexible, fun, challenging environment, this might be the perfect role for you.
WHO YOU ARE
* You want to work with a real company. Not one so big that you’re lost in the shuffle, but not a crazy napkin-idea startup that will likely fail.
* You are easy-going, but work really, really hard.
* You know how to communicate ideas, not just write code.
* You know MVC and OOP and you generate clean, efficient code.
* You love tinkering with and learning new web technologies.
* You have spent many late nights tuning MySQL and know the pain of FKs.
* You love the concept of building a website around RESTful web services and may have done it once or twice.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* You will help architect and build the new Exercise.com using Symfony 1.4
* You will work side-by-side with our CTO to build a highly-scalable web platform that will deliver content to browsers and mobile apps.
* You will participate in the design process, feature discussions, and functional requirements.
* You will be proud of what you create.
WHO WE ARE
* We’re web people. We know how to build scalable, popular, cash-flow positive web businesses.
* We believe in DOING. We use the latest technologies, release often and early, and encourage creativity.
* We’re scrappy webpreneurs with a track record.
* We’re a small, hard charging team with an office on Castro Street in Mountain View, CA.
* We’re funded by great investors.
* Above-market cash compensation.
* You will get a meaningful piece of equity, not a token slice.
* You get to build things how you want – we have a blank slate waiting for your code.
* Lunch provided daily.
* Competitive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
* Polish off your resume.
* Tell us about your 3 favorite website you’ve coded.
* What engineering feat are you most proud of?
* Tell us your favorite food, song, and physical activity.
* Email it all to email@example.com